If you want to make sure Father Christmas and his reindeer visit tonight, here’s a very important recipe.
Ingredients (for 4 portions)
- 2 scoops of porridge oats
- 4 different coloured tubes of glitter
- 4 containers
- bows or stars (the sort you stick on presents)
- Pour the porridge oats into a large mixing bowl and stir well with a wooden spoon. Carefully add the tubes of glitter, stirring after each colour. Say “Merry Christmas” loudly while stirring. Make sure everybody in the house has a turn at stirring and saying the words.
- Scoop the mixture onto four containers. Seal with silver foil and sellotape, then top with a star/bow.
- Just before you go to bed, shake the reindeer food onto the lawn (or wherever you want the reindeer to land). Don’t forget to leave a carrot for Rudolph and a mince pie and glass of sherry for Father Christmas too!
Merry Christmas everybody xxx
The Jam loves Bananas in Pyjamas and often asks me to “draw nana” when we’re being arty. Although I can knit and sew, I’m rubbish at drawing, painting etc but today I decided that my best would be good enough. After hunting out some cardboard and glue I managed to create my own version. Predictably, the Jam was far more interested in playing with the off-cuts of cardboard. We decided to make some pictures, starting with a simple boat, then a girl then Incey Wincey climbing up the spout.
After that it got a little more ambitious. We made a lion but the Jam dismantled him before I could take a photo. I did manage to catch the final one – can you tell what it is?