You know you’re a true Buffy fan when:
- You’re a Spike girl, or an Angel girl (or even a Riley girl – the point is you’ve picked a side).
- You can’t work out why Buffy didn’t just slay that thing in The Grudge.
- You own the Tru Calling and Dollhouse box sets, just because Faith is in them.
- You use Angel to exemplify the Byronic hero. (Bonus points if you sulk when a student suggests that Batman is a better example.)
- You then set an essay on feminist rewritings of mythology, comparing Joss Whedon to Angela Carter.
- You know the words to all the songs in ‘Once More With Feeling’, even the parking ticket one.
- You’re still scared of the Gentlemen.
- You need to know the plural of apocolypse.
- You laugh at sparkly vampires and their submissive girlfriends.
- You almost wish Shakespeare had written “We band of buggered” in the St Crispin’s Day speech.
However, the real litmus test is whether or not you’re “bored now…”