I’ve been branching out a little in recent posts, which has started some interesting conversations, but I looks like I’m doing something right with the basics of this blog (books, baking and my little boy) as I’ve been nominated for an award!
It’s called The Sunshine Award and it’s symbolised by a flower that one blogger can give to other ‘bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere’. My flower comes from the lovely Miss Marzipan, whose blog I find very inspiring, particularly this post. Thank you.
The Sunshine Award comes with a few simple rules that I need to follow:
- Acknowledge the person who gave this award in a blog post.
- Do the Q&A below.
- Pass on the award to 10 deserving and inspiring bloggers, inform them and link to their blogs.
- Who is your favorite philosopher? Haven’t read enough to say, but this seems like a good start: “Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop.” (Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland)
- What is your favorite number? 42
- What is your favorite animal? Cat (though the Jam would like to upgrade to a tiger).
- What is your favorite time of day? Early evening, if the Jam’s being good.
- What are your Facebook and Twitter? My Twitter account is also kirkykoo79, but my Facebook stuff is just for family and close friends, sorry.
- What is your favorite holiday? It was always Christmas, which was Mum’s too, but these days I’m taking ownership of Easter and making that an extra occasion to gather the whole family.
- What is your physical favorite activity? Dancing
- What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? A proper cup of tea.
- What is your passion? My family, and good writing.
- What is your favorite flower? Roses, any colour.
- Australia – my father wrote this on one of the first trips he took without my Mum. To me it represents him embracing the excitement and joy life still has to offer. I think that qualifies as inspiring. He doesn’t update it anymore but he creates a new blog for each trip.
- Bookshelves – a great blog, mostly about books with some original poetry thrown in. Not WordPress (hope that’s allowed) but it’s a friend’s blog and it inspired me to think I’d like to have a go!
- Canadian Hiking Photography – I’m not usually that interested by other people’s photos, but this was one of the first blogs I stumbled across and the pictures are so beautiful that I keep going back.
- Motherhood is an Art – a funny and honest blog about the ups and downs of motherhood.
- domestic dv M.D. – a mixture of funny anecdotes and great recipes. This blog inspired me to branch out and write about whatever was on my mind, and it makes me laugh.
- Emily Cooks Vegan – a particularly brave food blog as the author is a student and a recovering anorexic. The pudding porridge recipes are amazing.
- 101 Books – one reader takes on the challenge of Time Magazines top 100 books (plus Ulysses). The literary tangents are also entertaining.
- The Bookshelf of Emily J. – she calls it ‘life, lessons and literature’ and I think of it as a feminist slant on writing, reading and cooking. Either way it’s an inspiration.
- A Little Blog of Books and Other Stuff – a great book blog. I don’t know how the author manages to read so much, but I keep adding to my ‘to read’ pile.
- F C Malby – this one’s more about writing than books. If I ever decide to write that novel, it’s where I’ll be going for tips.
Whew! I thought I’d struggle to find ten but actually it was hard to limit it to ten. In the end I picked those that I think are particularly well-written – it matters to me – as well as full of inspiring content. There’s so much good stuff out there – happy reading!